Phoenix Suns at Portland Trailblazers
The April Fool's Day matchup between Phoenix and Portland isn't going to be for the faint of heart. If you're going to be betting on the Trailblazers, rest assured you're going to have to lay a pile of points against the lowly Suns. Furthermore, anything can happen on this traditionally zany day but does any (sober) bettor have the guts to take the Phoenix moneyline?
Suns Trailblazers April 1st Betting MatchupThe Suns have been especially atrocious lately in losing 8 straight games. One could say they're tanking the final couple weeks of the 2016/17 season but Phoenix is still only the 3rd worst team in the league. The game odds are starting to express just how blatantly bad the Suns are but they've still gone 1-7 ATS their last 8. Saturday could be a tough one in Portland as Phoenix is just 9-29 on the road this year. Portland is on the whole different spectrum as they've played great to get themselves into the playoff picture. The Trail Blazers have gone 7-3 in their last 10 including 3 straight wins as they have made their way into the 8th seed in the West. That being said, they are only percentage points ahead of the Nuggets and the two teams will be jockeying back and forth over the final 10 or so games of the year. What this essentially means is – Saturday is must win for Portland.
Suns Trailblazers April 1st PickIt's not really groundbreaking sports analysis to say that Portland is going to win this game on their home court against one of the worst teams in the NBA. What we have to figure out is why they are going to win and cover however. First off Portland is playing better basketball as of late (obviously) and has covered the spread in 6 of 7 games. Oddsmakers seemingly can't make the line high enough against Phoenix as the Suns have lost 7 of 8 against the number. Saturday night's game will be the 7th that is on the road out of 8 games for the Suns. Portland on the other hand has played 6 of 7 at home. Both teams will have a day of rest before the game which favors the Trailblazers (the better team) in this matchup. One thing to note is that Phoenix has covered in 2 of 3 matchups against Portland this year including an outright 118-115 outright win back in November. Regardless, this is a different Trailblazers team right now and there's not a line high enough to bet on Phoenix. Even if it is April Fool's Day, Portland is the pick.
- Cavs Warriors Game 2 Odds and Prediction August 25, 2020
- BetOWI NBA Playoffs 2020 and Rewards July 13, 2020
- The NBA Play-offs at Bovada July 13, 2020
- Saints and Vikings Meet in NFL Showdown October 26, 2018
- Four Chances to Win the NBA Finals But The Warriors May Only Need One June 8, 2018
- Cavs Fighting to Keep Series Alive at Home in Game Six May 27, 2018
- Warriors Head Home to Save Series May 27, 2018
- Golden State about to Take Series by Storm at Home May 19, 2018
- Celtics Face Huge Character Test Going into Cleveland May 19, 2018
- Warriors and Curry can Book Final Place at Expense of Rockets May 11, 2018